Fundraising Ideas to help find a cure for cancer!
Some suggestions of ways you can raise money towards vital breakthrough cancer research:
Cure Cancer Australia’s single focus is to find a cure for cancer.
- Join one of our charity challenge adventures. Find out more about these exciting adventures by checking.
- Join Can Too and run or swim, get fit, have fun and fundraise! Check www.cantoo.org.au
- Host a fundraising event or party. Throw a party and ask everyone who comes to write a cheque for Cure Cancer Australia Foundation. On the invitations write that you really want to raise money for Cure Cancer and ask for help for your cause.
- Host a trivia night. This is a great fun way to raise funds. Download our Trivia Info Pack here
- Quit a bad habit such as smoking, chocolate or alcohol for one month or for good!
- Hold a bridge day. Charge an admission for all players.
- Ask your friends to ‘bring a plate’ for a dinner and charge for everyone to come.
- Play games at the party. Hold a gold coin rolling competition. Offer a small prize. Cure Cancer gets to keep the gold coins. Another good one is the heads and tails game. $2 to enter. “Sit down if you are wearing black shoes”, “if you had a sandwich today”, “if you read the Australian”… Possibilities are endless. Last one standing wins the prize.
- Organise a Raffle. Look in your back cupboard or ask work contacts or local businesses to donate a few prizes such as wine, a service or hamper of items from the business. Sell tickets to friends and colleagues. Remind them that all proceeds go to Cure Cancer Australia.
- Have a Garage Sale. Ask your neighbours, friends and family to donate household goods. Make sure customers know that it is a fundraising event.
- Birthday coming up? Ask friends for donations in lieu of presents.
When you are holding a fundraising event for a charity it is important to be clear about how you are doing it. You must keep records of your income and, if relevant, your expenditure and be prepared to show them to people.
If your fundraiser involves your friends making donations to Cure Cancer Australia, then they are entitled to a tax deduction. Keep a record of the donors’ names and addresses and the amounts donated. We will issue receipts as soon as we receive the money based on this information.
Please be aware that events which give the supporter something in return, e.g. a lunch or dinner, or goods purchased, do not attract a tax deduction.
Please advise the Cure Cancer office if you wish to use the Foundation’s name in your fundraising. If you plan to approach members of the public on our behalf you must be authorised to do so by the Foundation. We will issue a letter of authority where appropriate.
We are always happy to provide donation collection forms and tins or buckets, newsletters and Cure Cancer banners to support your fundraising efforts.
To kick start your fundraising, set up your Online Fundraising Page today! or call Michelle or Jo on 1300 134 567 or 02 8072 6188 to discuss your planned fundraising activity, we can’t wait to help you get started.
Thank you so much for your support!