Fast Facts about Cure Cancer Australia
- We fund young and innovative Australian researchers seeking a cure for cancer.
- $50 funds one hour, $1,900 funds one week, $8,300 funds one month and $100,000 funds one year of vital cancer research.
- Since 1967, our focus has been on the cure, not the type of cancer. We are one of the few Australian charities seeking to find a cure for all cancers.
- We have channelled close to $20 million in the form of grants to 460 extraordinary Australians who rely on our independent funding to investigate potential breakthroughs for a cure for cancer.
- A number of researchers who received early career seed funding from us are now amongst Australia’s most prominent cancer researchers and are making real ground in the fight against cancer. We give Australian scientists the critical support they need early in their careers.
- In 2013, grants have been awarded to 38 researchers working in diverse areas of cancer research such as leukaemia, breast cancer, prostate cancer, osephageal cancer, melanoma, colorectal cancer, bone cancer, sarcoma, pancreatic cancer, epithelial vaccine, DNA research and psycho-social cancer patient care.
- We have a strong base of loyal supporters who are united with us in our vision to see “A world without cancer, nothing less.” Without their support, what we achieve would simply not be possible.
‘Young’ refers to 7 years or less post doctorate experience and is a time in a researcher’s career when funding is extremely hard to gain from traditional government funded bodies.